Beginners Guide To Time Trialling
- Turn up at event and get your excuses in early (feeling ill,
going like a bag of spanners etc)
- Listen to other riders and remember any good excuses for later
- Warm up like a pro
- Ride event, whether you PB or not is immaterial.
Actually finishing isn't that important.
- If you PB'd, state that you could have gone faster if you
weren't feeling ill, going like a bag of spanners etc.
- If you didn't PB, it was because you were feeling ill,
going like a bag of spanners etc.
- Eat cake whilst listening to other riders excuses.
- Repeat your excuses.
- During your drive home, practice your new excuses for the next time.
- Feeling Ill.
- Going like a bag of spanners.
- Haven't done much training.
- Too much training.
- Using it for training.
- The wind is in the wrong direction.
- Mechanical problems
- Too early in the season.
- Too late in the season.
- The battery in my HRM failed.
- Had a puncture.
- Forgot my track pump.
- Don't go well in rain.
- Don't go well in the sun.
- Forgot my shoes